|You must be a server administrator to perform this procedure.|
You can perform this procedure using the user interface (UI) or a command line. For information about opening IIS Manager, see Open IIS Manager (IIS 7).
- Open IIS Manager and navigate to the Web server node in the tree.
- In the Actions pane, click Start if you want to start the Web server or Stop if you want to stop the Web server.
- Open an elevated command-line window.
- At the command prompt, type net stop WAS and press ENTER; type Y and then press ENTER to also stop W3SVC.
- To restart the Web server, type net start W3SVC and press ENTER to start both WAS and W3SVC.
I need to run xampp. Xampp uses localhost as well. How can I turn off iis 7 so that I can run xampp?
stop and disable the www service
type services.msc from the run command prompt > scroll down to World Wide Publishing service.
or go to control panel > Administrative Tools > Services.msc > World Wide Publishing service.